Require immediate, non-emergent help?
Check out our resources below.
- The Shelter House at 420 George Street is available to all. Call for the office 807-623-8182 or 807-620-7678 for the SOS Team. Find more information on their website: Shelter House – Food. Shelter. Hope.
- Faye Peterson House is a shelter for women and children. Call their Crisis Line at 807-345-0450 or text 807-700-5011. Find their website here: fayepeterson.org
- The Dew Drop Inn has bagged lunch available 9-3:30 PM and hot takeout available 12:30-3:30 PM seven days a week. Find the Dew Drop at 292 Red River Road, 807-346-0809
- In need of food? Call 211 to be connected to a food bank.
- Thunder Bay Counselling offers a free Talk-In Counselling Clinic; call 807-700-0090 for free, same day counselling at various times throughout the week. Find out more at their website: https://www.tbaycounselling.com/walk-in-counselling/
- Thunder Bay Counselling also offers a free Alcohol and Other Drugs Program, call 807-684-1880 or visit https://www.tbaycounselling.com/addiction-mental-health/ for more addictions help.
Financial and Tax Help
- Help with budgeting and accessing COVID-19 financial supports are available through Thunder Bay Counselling. Call 807-684-1880 or fill out contact form available on their website Financial Counselling – Thunder Bay Counselling (tbaycounselling.com)
- Need help with your income taxes? Lakehead Social Planning Council has an Income Tax Clinic. Call 807-624-1720 to receive help over the phone. View details at their website Income Tax Clinic | Lakehead Social Planning Council (lspc.ca)
- Find the latest information on the COVID-19 vaccine on the Thunder Bay District Health Unit’s immunization clinics page: TBDHU COVID-19 Immunization Clinics | Thunder Bay District Health Unit
- Find daily updates on the status of COVID-19 in the Thunder Bay District by visiting the news section of the Thunder Bay District Health Unit’s website: https://www.tbdhu.com/news
If you need any other help, call 211. 211 will be able to direct you to any services you may need.
Access the Financial Relief Navigator
Helping vulnerable people get additional COVID-19 benefits and financial relief during these challenging times. Find out what benefits you could be eligible for.LEARN MORE