7th Annual GenNext Day of Caring
GenNext is excited to announce our
7th Annual Day of Caring on Saturday, June 16th!
Please note: volunteers must be pre-registered prior to the day of the event to take part
GET ACTIVE IN YOUR LOCAL COMMUNITY!
Day of Caring brings together dedicated individuals and local not-for-profit organizations for a fun day of volunteering to benefit our community! Hundreds of volunteers donate their time and skills to help complete projects for local not-for-profit organizations. Join us this year to make a huge impact and be engaged in our community!
LOOKING TO VOLUNTEER?
Great! With several different projects we have a great need for volunteers with different types of skills. Projects range from gardening, spring clean-up or painting to moving heavy items or building needed equipment, etc. The main idea of this event is twofold: for volunteers to leave their wallet at home and instead donate their time, and for agencies to get support to complete projects that otherwise might not get done. Volunteers are matched to projects based on skills, group size, and general interest. The week leading up the event you'll receive more information about teams, projects and what to expect on the day of the event.
Join as an individual, or with family, friends or co-workers as a team. Get ready to get your hands dirty (so to speak) and make a difference in the community!
DAY OF CARING AGENDA
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU'RE A DAY OF CARING VOLUNTEER?
Let us fill you in on what you can expect during the big day.
1. (8:30am) Registration & Welcome
2. (9am-10am) Orientation Breakfast – Enjoy a hot breakfast, meet your team & grab your T-shirts and team registration package
3. (10am) Go Time! Meet at the project site & begin projects – Ready to dig in? Let the painting, gardening, building and spring cleaning begin!
4. Beverage Break – We've got you covered! As an added pick me up, we'll be providing coffee!
5. (12pm- 1pm) Lunch – Take a break from your hard work and enjoy lunch.
6. (1pm- 3pm) Project completion – Take step back and admire your completed projects.
"Sometimes just painting a fence or planting some flowers can make the biggest difference. Lending a hand is the attitude that I grew up with, because you never know when you're going to need a helping hand too."
- Past Day of Caring Volunteer
WE HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!